Space Messengers 2022 Tour
September 14,15, 2022: PASEO Festival, Taos, New Mexico, in collaboration with students and teachers from TISA, Taos Day School, Peñasco Middle and High school.
October 14-17, 2022: Festival Internacional de Ciencia (FIC.A),
Oeiras, Portugal, in collaboration with students and teachers from Escola Secundaria Sebastiao e Silva.
CURRENT EVENT December 3, 2022: Planetario Lunaria, Noche de las Estrellas,
Guadalajara, Mexico, in collaboration with students and teachers from the Universidad de Guadalajara Preparatoria #5, Santa Fe Indian School and New Mexico School of the Arts.
Messages will appear once the livestream begins.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Read the space messages to see what our youth leaders are learning and sharing about the universe as they imagine themselves as planetary citizens.
2. Watch and listen to the livestream which includes video clips from our science experts to learn some cool science facts.
3. Get inspired and text your space message to our future youth leaders and out to the world. It could be a question, a thought or wish for the future. Text to 575-216-8778 during the live event. Maximum 288 characters/ 40 words.
4. See your message become part of the live projected messages!
*Two messages maximum will be allowed per user.
About the project
Space Messengers is an immersive and educational mixed reality installation that projects the collective ‘space’ messages and voices of youth participants sharing their thoughts and wishes for a sustainable interplanetary future. Using data visualization tools, the messages will be livestreamed and projected along with their animated silhouettes onto the building or wall, and also into a VR platform that you can visit for an interactive VR experience, combined with an immersive soundscape of collected natural sounds from earth and space. The live audience can also send their own space messages in real time via this website or at the installation site.
What message of hope would you like to share with the next generation? These messages become part of a data bank that travels from city to city, radiating messages of hope to and from our future youth leaders.
Space Messengers Collective:
Creative Director/Artist: Agnes Chavez
Lead Artist/Projection team: Markus Dorninger and Mattias Fritz/OMAi
Sound design: David Novack with Joao Espada
Creative Coding/Artist: Roy McDonald
VR design: Mathieu Castel
VR consultant: Digital Ant Media
- National Endowment for the Arts
- LANL Foundation
- Taos Community Foundation
- Albuquerque Sister Cities Foundation
- New Mexico Arts
- MAE Private Foundation
- LANL Community Partnerships Office
- U.S. Embassy in Portugal
- U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara
- Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund
- Q Station
- New Mexico International Trade Alliance